Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Party Food!

The best thing about a party is the food. Do you remember that movie with Cher in it where she could only cook appetizers? I feel like that character - I am known for my food-posing-as-something-else. It's almost an illness and it's being fed by Grandma Nonnie, who keeps finding all these excellent recipe books with more and more food concoctions that I must try!

Okay, these sammies were hand carved (crazy woman) by my sis-in-law Michelle:



Of course, every spiced cider needs shrunken apple heads as an adornment:



Candy eyeballs for dessert:



And caterpillar cake (Jared did this one! - yay! I can pass the illness along to the next generation!):



And of course, drum roll please,... witches' brew!:

2 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Oh WOW! I am so impressed. the "hand" sandwiches are too cute. I think I might even be able to make those. The shrunken heads are like mini-works of art! I wanna come to one of your parties!

Anonymous said...

very creative!! I was blown away when i saw this menu. I know the kids will never forget that Halloween party. I am going to try everything here. Thanks for your genius ideas.